Sun, Mar 17|
Bee Fearless Studios (Southside)
The Academy with John Gress
During our intensive hands-on workshop we will start off with one light in the morning and work our way up to four or five lights in the afternoon, while recreating some of John Gress's best images and improving new set-ups.
Time & Location
Mar 17, 2024, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Bee Fearless Studios (Southside), 6030 GA-85, Suite 602, Riverdale, GA 30274, USA
About the event
During our intensive one day hands-on Atlanta lighting workshop we will start off with one light in the morning and work our way up to four or five lights in the afternoon, while recreating some of my best images and improving new set-ups. We’ll practice with a professional model(s), problem solve, talk about modifiers, ratios, post production and we’ll all take pictures. But most importantly, I want everyone to leave understanding why they would use each light, what happens to your look when you adjust the power of each light. At the and of the day we will go over what I do to achieve my look and style in Capture One. I also understand Lightroom so I can help with that too. For more information about John Gress's workshops please click here.
This workshop is limited to only 15 participants.
The venue is wheelchair accessible.Single day workshop schedule
- 9:00am – 9:30am Meet & Greet
- 9:30am – 10:00am A presentation about my process and philosophy
- 10:00 – 11:00am One & Two Lights Demonstration and Practice
- 11:00 – 12:00pm Lunch (provided)
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm Hands-on Lighting Setups with model
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Retouching / Post Processing Demonstration
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm Hands on Retouching
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Dinner, an optional activity that isn’t included in the cost of tuition.
Details subject to change.